Sunday, September 7, 2008

Wii!!!!! This is fun!

Last week  I bought a used Nintendo Wii.  The 14 year old boy I bought it from had only played it 3 times and decided he would rather have a laptop, so he was selling it in order to earn the money.  I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with me when the 38 year old female wants something a 14 year old male doesn't want.  His mother assured me it's because he has so many other gaming systems and would rather play Rock Band than go bowling.

Unfortunately the kid forgot to include one of the cables and the manuals so I had to wait a few days for him to find them.  Four days later I had all of the parts.  Brian hooked it up for me on Friday night, but I was so tired from a long week at work that I fell asleep on Kiersta's floor. Brian stayed up until 3 am playing.  I took my turn on Saturday.  Kiersta had a lot of fun designing her Mii and thought that was a game all on its own.  Her favorite game is the cow riding game on Wii Play.  I'm feeling partial to tennis.  Brian is liking baseball, especially once he figured out that he can hit the ball out of the park by just flicking his wrist instead of taking a real swing.  I also learned that I have the fitness age of a 69 year old (because I couldn't time my swings right in baseball and didn't hit a single ball); I guess I'll have to work on that.


I also learned that there is no way we could have had a Wii at our trailer.  I would have hit the ceiling when serving or swinging the racket in tennis.  As it is, we're not sure we can really even play a 2-player game without causing physical damage to one another.  The coffee table is pushed to the side  and the couch is pushed back.  No, we didn't have to move the couch outside (though that would provide more space), this picture was taken when we were upgrading to a new used couch and had the old one posted for free take away on Craig's List, and it just seemed appropriate.

I've been very disciplined today though and haven't played once.  I worked on cleaning out Kiersta's room of toys, books, and clothing that she no longer uses or wears--with Kiersta's input, of course.  This process took most of the day.  

I'm looking forward to buying some new games. Anyone have any good suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Ken says that Mario Galaxy is pretty fun. He and Lexi play the Wii. Oh, and wii fit seems to be a good one, too. As you can see, I don't play much...I would play wii fit, but Nicholas is always wanting to jump on the board. :( -Philly

    ReplyDelete