Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More History

The first year of The Tour of California, the time trial was held 2 blocks from my home.  I was so there!  My friends and I staked out a spot about 50 meters from the finish line, across from the large screen TVs where we could watch the starting line and ride progress of the various cyclists.

Here's Floyd Landis, about to cross the finish line of the first Amgen Tour of California.  He went on to win the entire race as well as the Tour de France (until the doping scandal).  
I live against those hills in the background!

Levi Leipheimer about to cross the finish line.  Levi didn't win this year, but he has won the race for the past 3 years!

Now the time trial is held in Solvang each year (where I rode my first Century Ride as a part of Team in Training).  I so enjoyed having the time trail close to my home but I think I need to think about taking a road trip next year.  Meanwhile, I have the memories and the photos to prove that I was there, helping to make history.


No comments:

Post a Comment