Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Custody Battles

Brian and I are fighting for custody of Kyle with our daughter. Kiersta absolutely adores her brother. We don't need to worry about her being over-jealous, if anything, she is over-zealous! Kiersta wants to help in all aspects of raising Kyle, which is great in theory, but often she ends up being in the way. In the 2-weeks since Kyle has been home, Kiersta has calmed down a lot and is learning the boundaries of what is and isn't acceptable. Brian and I are trying to keep her pre-baby routine as close to normal as possible and we are also trying to spend special one-on-one time with her.

First Meeting
"He's the same size as my dollies!"

I know I should appreciate the love and attention that Kiersta showers upon her brother more than I do. I'm sure that in just a couple of years when Kyle is idoling Kiersta and following her around everywhere, she will probably refer to him as her "little bother" instead of her little brother. I really am very lucky to have such a caring daughter to help out so much. :)

The adoring big sister!

Holding Kyle at his second picnic.


"Mommy, take our picture!"

Brushing Kyle's hair after his first bath.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous pictures, great blog! He is beautiful, and Kiersta is getting so big. We will come visit soon. Paris is looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! I can totally identify with the helpful, but in-the-way older sibling. It's so sweet and yet, so...slow! : )

    Congratulations to you all!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete