Sunday, June 7, 2009

We've Got Babies!!!

Babies????  Plural????  Really????  Yup!

About a month and a half ago, we noticed one of our hummingbirds flitting about with bits of fluff in its mouth.  These bits were being placed atop one of the wind chimes located on our back patio. Turns out this little bird was building a nest in what seemed to be a quite perilous location.

Our little hummingbird atop her nest.

After waiting for about 3 weeks, we finally noticed that there were baby hummingbirds in the nest.  Unfortunately my pregnant belly does not allow for me to climb ladders right now, so I sent Brian up a ladder to take a picture or two of the little ones.

Two Baby Hummingbirds.

It's been a lot of fun watching the mama come and go, I just wish I could get a closer view.

As for my baby, well, I'm scheduled to be induced at 4:30 in the morning on Tuesday, June 9th!
And, for the record, I am only having one.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to know you're not quite as ambitious as Mama Humminbird. Good luck on Tuesday! (Hey, maybe you won't make it that long!)
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You fooled me with the heading of "babies". Hope you new little one arrived safely. Enjoyed seeing the photos and post about the hummers. We are awaiting twin grandchildren. Could be any day now.

    ReplyDelete