Sunday, August 31, 2008

Choices

Life is filled with choices, not all of them easy.  Now that I am back at work, I have many more choices to make each day, especially once I leave work.  

Upon escaping, I pick up Kiersta and then have to decide what we will do.  Do we go home? Go to a park? Run errands?  My time is so much more limited now so I have to make these choices carefully; I can't do all that I want to do. 

Here are the choices I made this week.  Monday, we went to the park for our weekly park playdate.  Unfortunately no one else showed up, but we still had a good time.  Tuesday, grocery shopping.  We pay for everything with our credit card and then pay it off entirely at the end of the month.  When I got this month's bill, I hadn't gone grocery shopping for over a month!!! Needless to say, this was a huge shopping trip where I spent over $350.00--YIKES! Wednesday, girls night out pool party that I stayed a for much too long because I was having so much fun. Thursday, hair cut for the first time in over 6 months.  Friday, I went to my folks' home for dinner.  This is a pretty typical week for me.  Super busy and wishing it weren't so crazy all the time.  

 when I am home, I have to decide how to spend my time.  There's always cooking and cleaning to do.  I can choose to pay down my TiVo debt (meaning, I watch some TV) or I can play on the computer.  I can spend time with the family, too.  Lately it seems that the TV and the computer win out, especially once Kiersta has gone to bed.  

This is one of the biggest choices I made recently--I chose to go back to school to earn a Master's Degree in Educational Leadership at San Jose State.  Luckily, as the picture shows, I've graduated and have more time to make more choices.






2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your graduation!! I hope the start of school goes well. Give my love to all my Brooktree buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on graduating! That's great. It's nice to read up on you now that you started a blog. Kiersta is too cute.

    And choices yes there sometimes seem to be too many and at other points not enough. It sounds like you make good ones though.

    ReplyDelete