Sunday, August 10, 2008

I must be totally whacked!

Like I don't have enough to do already, and now I've decided to start a blog.  Huh?  Me, blogging? I don't have an interesting enough life that anyone wants to read about it, especially now that school is about to start.  However, I'll see if and where this goes and move on from there.

Today Kiersta had a swim playdate with her two friends Sarah and Maggie.  The pool was cold but the girls had fun, for the most part.  Sarah and Maggie's mom, Michelle, and I were able to hold bits and pieces of a conversation over the yelling and constant interruptions and demands for attention from the girls.  When does this parenting thing become fun for the parents?

We all went out for dinner at Sweet Tomatoes, which was yet another adventure.  Bathroom trips, nearly knocking over the table, twice!, and cajoling the girls to eat their dinner before dessert made for a typical evening out at a restaurant with 3 and 4 year olds.  Luckily Brian was there too so the adults weren't outnumbered by the kids.

After dinner, Brian, Kiersta, and I went for a walk on "our" hill.  I decided to check on my two letterboxes and discovered that one of them is missing!  My first lost box.  We searched the area thoroughly but were unable to locate my missing box.  As I walked to check on my other box, I was feeling pretty sad.  I realize that I can recarve the stamp, but I can't replace the logbook with all of those images from other letterboxers.  I'm hoping someone will return the box, but I doubt that will happen.  The good news is that my other box was in more or less the right place and in fine shape.  

I have to be at work at 7:30 tomorrow morning.  Are you jealous of my oh so interesting life yet? :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Christie! Good for you for starting this! I've thought about it; maybe you'll be my motivation :). Parenting will get fun at some point but yes, much of it at these ages is still damage control :). Sorry we missed out on swimming, but it sounds like you had lots of fun without us ;). TTYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous that it took you this long to lose a box! I recently had another letterboxer return tiny little shards of my logbook. The whole thing (which had been in a tape-covered plastic peanut butter jar) had been run over by a lawnmower and obliterated! Who knew it'd be in danger of that when I put it in the center of a hollow log? Apparently the log was obliterated too!

    My motto: Just because it may not interest anyone else doesn't mean it's not blog-worthy!

    ReplyDelete